Monday, June 29, 2009

My first homer pair

Yesterday I got a pair of homers. The male is a Grizzle bird and I am not aware of the exact bloodline. The female bird is a sabja (blue bar) and was breed from a Chinese bloodline. They both are kind of scared and dull now. The friend who gave them advised me to handle them very carefully as they take months to get used to the new place. He advised me not to touch them and leave them alone for couple of weeks. I am eager to breed them and check the performance of their young ones.

2 comments:

Shibu said...

Chinese line? any people importing from foreign?http://www.facebook.com/groups/262881363753254/264127930295264/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity#!/pages/Indias-Racing-Pigeons/282664645091212

Prabhu said...

Hi Shibu:

Looks like people caught a bird from Ship @ Chennai Harbour with chinese ringe. They bred from that.Thats the history.

Prabhu.